Is Family Therapy Recommended in Addiction Treatment?
The National Institute on Drug Abuse and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommend the incorporation of family therapy into addiction treatment programs because it provides high-quality benefits with low associated costs.
At our outpatient and partial care treatment center in New Jersey, our family therapy program gives each participant the opportunity to express how their loved one’s substance abuse has affected their lives.
Family therapy takes place in a safe setting and is carefully conducted in a practical fashion by a licensed therapist. It’s important that the family effectively convey their thoughts and feelings without making the addicted loved one feel “attacked” which can have a negative impact in the therapy session.
Benefits of Family Therapy at Garden State Treatment Center
The benefits that participants in our addiction family therapy programs will experience can include:
- Increase the awareness of the addict about their needs and behaviors.
- Improve the mental and physical state of the family.
- Provide self-care interventions for the family members thereby improving their well-being.
- Improve communication and quality of relationships among family members.
- Help family members better understand and avoid enabling behaviors.
- Helps in addressing behaviors that may hinder recovery.
If you or a family member has been struggling with addiction, then it’s time to reach out for professional help. Our team of highly trained therapists has pulled hundreds of families like yours from the shackles of addiction. We will work with you to make a difference in your life and help improve your well-being. Contact our New Jersey drug rehab around the clock for a 100% confidential assessment.