Tricare – formerly known as the Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services – is a comprehensive health insurance provider that was designed specifically for military personnel and their loved ones, along with those who have previously served in the military or as part of the organization of another armed force. Tricare provides coverage for a wide range of health-related services, including physical health, behavioral health, dental health, and pharmaceutical needs.
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) which was written into law in 2010, behavioral health services like addiction treatment (including medical detox and alcohol rehab) are considered necessary medical services and are required to be covered partially or in full by major health insurance providers. If you have served in the military and you have been suffering at the hands of a substance abuse disorder of any kind – including alcoholism – then looking into Tricare insurance might be an ideal option. Call Garden State Treatment Center today for more information.
Alcohol Abuse Among Military Personnel
Alcohol abuse and alcoholism are major issues among individuals who currently serve or have served in the military. There are many risk factors at play, including:
- Peer pressure – those who are active in the military are often encouraged to engage in excessive drinking by their peers.
- Self-medication underlying emotional and mental health issues. Those who serve in the military do not have immediate access to psychiatric services. If they are experiencing symptoms typically associated with mental illness, they are more inclined to reach for alcohol than they are inclined to look into psychiatric care.
- Unresolved trauma. Alcohol abuse is exceptionally high among army veterans – predominantly because of the traumatic experiences they underwent while they were actively serving.
- There is a great deal of stress involved in active combat. Constant exposure to exceptionally high-stress levels can lead to self-medication, and ultimately to alcohol abuse and dependency.
Alcohol Rehab Services Certified by Tricare
Some of the treatment services that Tricare covers, according to their website, include:
- Inpatient treatment services, both emergency and non-emergency
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) and outpatient programs (OP)
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms management/medically monitored detoxification services
- Medication-assisted treatment and medication management
- Therapeutic services geared towards those with mental health concerns
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- Residential treatment for alcohol abuse disorders
If you are looking for a Tricare certified alcohol rehab center, all you have to do is call the treatment center you are interested in attending and let them know that you are currently insured through this particular company. Many alcohol rehab programs accept most major regional and national providers – including Tricare. At Garden State Treatment Center, we believe that affordable and effective alcohol addiction treatment should be readily available to all those who need it. Not only do we work closely with major insurance providers, we provide free, confidential, and no obligation insurance benefit checks upon request.
We Are a Tricare Certified Alcohol Treatment Program
There are numerous factors at play when it comes to who can take advantage of which specific alcohol rehab programs. These factors include the details of each Tricare plan, any existing legal requirements, which type of behavioral health services are being sought, and the area in which the individual lives. It is important to note that only proven methods of alcohol addiction treatment are covered – a wholly holistic program of recovery will rarely be approved. At Garden State Treatment Center, we combine proven therapeutic methods with effective clinical care, offering our clients a personalized and highly integrated program that paves the way for long-term sobriety.
Alcohol Rehab at Garden State Treatment Center
If you are currently insured through Tricare and are looking for a comprehensive program of alcohol addiction recovery, give us a call today. We are a Tricare certified alcohol treatment program that follows an evidence-based approach to treating alcoholism. Once we run an insurance benefits check that determines how much of our alcohol rehab services are covered in full, we will set to work developing a date and a time for your intake.